- Assistant Professor (tenure track) Music - Piano
- Go to our website »
Assistant Professor (tenure track) Music - Piano
Position Type: Full Time
William Paterson University invites application for the tenure-track position of Assistant Professor, Music - Piano.
Reporting to the Chair of the Music Department, this full-time, tenure track Piano position in the Department of Music within the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences supports the Bachelor of Music and Bachelor of the Arts programs, and the University Core Curriculum (UCC).
This position also serves as the director of New Music and provides oversight of the department's piano instruction program in addition to teaching, service and scholarly pursuits.
The position teaches required classes for all music majors in the core music curriculum, as well as for the general university student population in the University Core Curriculum areas 2A (Expression), 4 (Diversity and Justice), and 6 (Global Awareness).
For more information visit https://www.wpunj.edu/coac/departments/music/
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Teaches applied and functional lessons to piano majors and minors, class and collaborative piano, piano pedagogy and literature as well as other instructional activities within the candidate's areas of expertise, according to the needs of the department;
- Oversees the Department piano instruction program: coordinate class piano teaching; coordinate accompaniment assignments; coordinate applied instruction; attend and assess entrance auditions, placement auditions, juries, and recitals.
- Directs the New Music Ensemble and New Music concerts; coach the New Music Ensemble; accompany and coach instrumental and voice student
- Supports student success in all areas including developing a high level of musicianship and specialization in an area of the profession for students; guides the education of students who seek to become professionals in the fields of music arts:
- Advises, recruits, retains student, including work with program assessment; Advise and or mentor B.M. Classical students and M.M. Music Education including thesis or capstone projects as needed
- Participates in auditions, and department and university service.
- Collaborates with Classical Coordinator and other degree program coordinators
- Publishes and produces scholarly or creative projects (academic scholarship and/or professional sound recordings) and stays current in terms of research in the field
- Participates fully in department, college, and university service activities; support the cultural life of the university and of the broader surrounding community
- Maintains an active professional life and reputation as a performing pianist with a strong commitment to contemporary music. Attends and participates in conferences in the field, serve on panels for festivals and competitions, develop and maintain a high profile as pianist and piano pedagogue; Participates in departmental and professional concerts, recitals and performance
- Demonstrated experience as a successful performer, with extensive applied knowledge of 20th and 21st century music, and to maintain a strong regional, national, and international reputation as a performer and teacher.
- Doctorate in the field or in exceptional cases satisfactory equivalent of professional experience required.
- Ability and interest to effectively attract, recruit and retain students.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively using technology, social media, YouTube, and/or streaming services to effectively build listeners/followers.
- Upload a list of links to three (3) video recordings of performances given in the last three (3) years showing a variety of repertoire
Additional, preferred qualifications
- College level teaching experience.
Personal attributes and traits
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment.
Invitation to apply
Interested candidates will be prompted to: Complete an application, submit a cover letter, and upload a list of links to three (3) video recordings of performances given in the last three (3) years showing a variety of repertoire.
Submission of all documents listed is required for consideration.
General questions related to this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit https://wpunj.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=1535&job=assistant-professor-tenure-track-music-piano
William Paterson University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race or ethnicity, sex/gender (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, civil union status, familial status, religion, national origin or citizenship, military service status, or any other category protected by law. William Paterson University does not discriminate on the basis of any category stated above or as prohibited by applicable law. Individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency